Blue-White Injector at Pierce Farm Center
As part of our modern farming practices we almost exclusively used sub-surface drip irrigation to supply water and wanted to take advantage of that by using liquid fertilizer injected through our drip tape. The nitrate portion of a fertilizer is highly susceptible to leaching. This means that excessive levels of nitrogen need to be placed pre-plant if it is to last throughout the season and be available for the plants as they need it, leading to large quantities of nitrate leaching into the groundwater and lost dollars…
Ultrasonic Flowmeter Remotely Monitors Water Wells at Egg Farm
Rainbow Farms Company is in the poultry business (layers – eggs). Rainbow Farms has twenty five poultry houses with a total of 1.7 million layers, a processing plant, and a distribution plant located on 640 acres (one square mile) in Denair, California. Water is a very important factor in the business. It is used for refrigeration, egg washing, drinking water for the layers and for evaporating cooling and foggers in the poultry houses….
Source: National Geographic, Feeding The World
DIAPHRAGM METERING PUMP: CHEM-FEED®
Model C-600P, C-600HV
These compact diaphragm metering pumps offer easy access, side mounted mechanical output for rate adjustment. Economically priced, these tough work horses effectively pump fertilizer, pesticides and other crucial nutrients. The model C-600HV is a low pressure pump designed as a transfer pump. Capable of high volume, the pump efficiently assists with transfer of liquid between locations.
- Stroke adjustment from 4-100% permits small injections at high rate/ minute with a 27:1 turndown.
- Model C-600P: AC powered unites Max Output 389GPD (@ max 10PSI), DC powered Max Output 516GPD.
- Model C-600HV: AC powered unites Max Output 791GPD (@ max 5PSI)
- Enclosure is adurable metal epoxy coated construction, NEMA type1 (IP20)
The C-1500N Diaphragm Metering Pump is compact and simple, featuring 2 output control options: Standard or Deluxe.
- Standard Models feature quick adjusting, high accuracy mechanical stroke length control. (20:1 turndown ratio)
- Deluxe Models feature stroke length and electronic time Interval control. Stroke adjustment from 5-100% permits accurate small injections at a high rate per minute. (200:1 turndown ratio)
Other Key features:
- Max Output 228.1GPD (@ max 10PSI)
- Enclosure is acceptable for outdoor use, NEMA type3R (IP23)
Unparalleled Accuracy, Diverse Application Solutions.
F-1000: Battery Operated, Digital Read-out Screen
Blue-White’s BW DIGI-METER® F-1000 is a battery powered electronic flowmeter. This high accuracy paddlewheel insertion meter lets the operator know at a glance how much water is being used. Three versions of the BW DIGI-METER are offered.
- The Model F-1000-RB: Rate meter. The meter will display the rate of flow from .01 through 999999 in any engineering units. Some standard units of measure are GPM, GPH, GPD, LPM, LPH, LPD, M3H, etc.
- The Model F-1000-TB: Totalizer meter. The meter will display the total flow amounts from .01 through 999999 in any engineering units. Some standard units of measure are GALLONS, LITERS, CUBIC METERS. The total on the meter can be reset the to zero. This feature can be disabled .
- The Model F-1000-RT: Rate and totalizer meter. The meter will display the flow rate amounts and the total flow amounts from .01 through 999999 in any engineering units. Some standard units of measure are GALLONS PER MINUTE, GALLONS PER HOUR, GALLONS PER DAY, LITERS PER MINUTE, LITERS PER HOUR, LITERS PER DAY, CUBIC METERS PER HOUR, CUBIC METERS PER DAY. Toggle the display between flow rate and total flow by pressing RESET button. Pressing and holding the RESET button for at least 2.0 seconds while the total flow value is displayed will reset the total to zero. This feature can be disabled
Two standard AAA batteries, with a minimum life of one year, power BW DIGI-METER F-1000 flowmeters. BW DIGI-METER Benefits Include: Easy to read .35″ high, 6-digit LCD Display; Factory calibrated, nothing to program; Weather resistant NEMA 4X enclosure; Corrosion resistant PVDF Sensor; Large calibrated flow range; Minimal maintenance required. A variety of configurations and pipe fitting material options for in-line and saddle mount installation are offered.
F-2000: Deluxe Options and Capabilities
The thoughtfully engineered BW DIGI-METER® F-2000 Series, paddlewheel type digital flowmeters, are offered in four model variations.
- The Model F-2000-AO: Optional 4-20 mA / 0-10 VDC analog output, flow rate and totalizer capabilities.
- The Model F-2000-PC: Batch processing circuitry, including high/low flow rate alarm, proportional chemical metering, flow rate and totalizer.
- The Model F-2000-AP: Analog output, batch processing, flow rate alarm, proportional chemical metering, flow rate and totalizer.
- The Model F-2000-RT: Rate and totalizer capabilities, and can be battery powered.
Additional F-2000 features include: Easy to read eight digit LCD with up to four decimal positions; factory programmed with calibration certificate; field programmable via front panel touch pad; front panel security lockout. Additional features and custom calibration units are offered.
A window into your fluid line.
Hybrid Ultrasonic Flowmeter
The Sonic-Pro series Hybrid Ultrasonic Flow Meters can measure fluid flow in virtually any fluid in which sound waves can travel. The Sonic-Pro Models S1, S2 & S3 meters are considered “hybrid” because they can measure fluid flow using either the Doppler or Transit Time methods. The Sonic-Pro ultrasonic sound transducers are clamped to the outside of the pipe wall and include no moving parts. This method of flow measurement is safe, non-intrusive and very easy to service.
The Doppler measurement method requires particles be present in the flow stream to “reflect” the sound waves. The meter may be operated in the Doppler mode when the fluid contains 0.02% to 15% (200 to 150,000 ppm) of particles .
The Transit Time measuring method requires relatively “clean” fluid to enable the sound waves to complete their circuit. The meter may be operated in the Transit-Time mode when the fluid contains 0% to 10% (0 to 100,000 ppm) of particles. To allow for changes in the fluid’s particle count, the Sonic-Pro monitors the signal gain and employs an Automatic Gain Control (AGC) algorithm that periodically adjusts the gain maintain the optimum power level.
S4 Inline Ultrasonic Flowmeter
The Sonic-Pro series S4 Ultrasonic Flow Meter can measure fluid flow in water. The Sonic-Pro S4 meter measures fluid flow using the Transit Time method. The Sonic-Pro S4 ultrasonic sound transducers are factory positioned for water. They do not touch the process fluid and there are no moving parts. This method of flow measurement is safe, non-intrusive and very easy to service.
To enable the sound waves to complete their circuit, the Transit Time measuring method requires relatively “clean” water. The maximum amount of particles should not exceed 0% to 5% (0 to 50,000 ppm).
Water that contains low concentrations of other chemicals, such as 5% sodium hypochlorite, may be acceptable provided the chemical does not change the speed that sound travels through the fluid more than approximately +/- 100 m/sec. The transducers are factory adjusted for a fluid with a sound speed of 1500 meters per second +/- 100 m/sec.